LovesDarcy

Lynsey A's Love of Romance

Well, I wouldn't call myself a huge blogger but I do at times like to tell my thoughts about books I've read...If you happen to catch those thoughts I hope you enjoy them.

Forgotten Sins (Sins Brothers, #1)
Rebecca Zanetti
The Devil's Shadow (Harlequin Presents, #1220)
Sally Wentworth
The Salvatore Marriage Deal
Natalie Rivers
The Price of Scandal
Kim Lawrence
Mistress: Pregnant By The Spanish Billionaire (#2919)
Kim Lawrence
Romance of the Rose - Claire Delacroix Wow, ok, shocker! Did not expect the heroine of a Harlequin Historical to get raped by another character. Is this normal? I've not read many Harlequin Historical books but I am honestly surprised this happened. This was a rape scene early in the book and from the way it appeared to go on the next couple of pages, it appears it may have continued to happen throughout some of the book. Her brother is killed immediately following the rape scene.

This kind of thing is not what I expect to read in a Harlequin Historical book. I can read a book about a rape victim but I prefer not to read about the rape in the book. That is not why I read romances. Just my opinion.

This happened before page 100 of the book. I don't think I'll be reading the rest of this series. They will all be posted back on paperbackswap.com

I may skim through this but I will not be reading any more of this.