LovesDarcy

Lynsey A's Love of Romance

Well, I wouldn't call myself a huge blogger but I do at times like to tell my thoughts about books I've read...If you happen to catch those thoughts I hope you enjoy them.

Forgotten Sins (Sins Brothers, #1)
Rebecca Zanetti
The Devil's Shadow (Harlequin Presents, #1220)
Sally Wentworth
The Salvatore Marriage Deal
Natalie Rivers
The Price of Scandal
Kim Lawrence
Mistress: Pregnant By The Spanish Billionaire (#2919)
Kim Lawrence
Tomorrow's Promise (Harlequin American Romance, #1) - Sandra Brown This has to be a book with one of the sweetest, most wonderful heroes. I loved Dax! From the first he was interested and intrigued by Kelly. The agony he felt when he learned she was married was very heartfelt.

This is a complicated story in that it involves a "married" woman, but one whose husband has been MIA in Vietnam for over 12 years. For 12 years she hasn't known whether her husband is dead or alive and dedicates her time to ensuring that the government doesn't stop paying the wives and families of those soldiers MIA. She travels to Washington, D.C. to talk in front of the committee put together to determine if the payments will continue. It is while she is on the plane to Washington that she meets Dax. She knows that he is a Senator but has no idea that he is on the committee that will decide on whether the bill is passed.

Ninety percent of the story is how Dax and Keely deal with their growing love and attraction for each other. At times it is very sweet and has many "awww" moments and other times it is quite passionate. The climax comes after the lovers give in to their passion and Keely feels immense guilt over sleeping with Dax while she is still married.

Now, I am not a fan of adultery, and this isn't Sandra Brown's first book where this has happened, but we all knew that Keely's husband was actually dead so it didn't bother me. I just took from this book that Dax was a wonderful hero who was torn between his honor and his very passionate feelings for Keely.

The only problem I had with this book is Keely's reaction to Dax telling her he found out about her husband's death. It was the morning after their night together and she was feeling guilty. She accused him of leading the returned soldier in to saying the man who died in the jungle while with him was her husband. I know she felt guilty but not once in this story was Dax ever a liar or jerk. Not once. It bothered me that she could think so poorly of him.

However, it wasn't enough to take away my enjoyment in the book. Although, I can say this is my second time reading it. I just didn't recall much of it.