LovesDarcy

Lynsey A's Love of Romance

Well, I wouldn't call myself a huge blogger but I do at times like to tell my thoughts about books I've read...If you happen to catch those thoughts I hope you enjoy them.

Forgotten Sins (Sins Brothers, #1)
Rebecca Zanetti
The Devil's Shadow (Harlequin Presents, #1220)
Sally Wentworth
The Salvatore Marriage Deal
Natalie Rivers
The Price of Scandal
Kim Lawrence
Mistress: Pregnant By The Spanish Billionaire (#2919)
Kim Lawrence
Shadow of the Sheikh - Nina Bruhns I was a bit disappointed in this story after liking the first one so well. For some reason I did not connect to the hero or heroine. I didn't warm up to them at all. What really clinched it for me was the scene where the H/h make love and the vampire god that the hero protects, is in bed with them and drinks from the heroine. Now, it wasn't a true menage scene but for me it was too close and it certainly wasn't something I was expecting in a Harlequin Nocturne book.

The one part I enjoyed in the book is when the hero saw her sister Gillian again from the first one and learned the truth about their parents. What disappointed me was that the reader didn't get to see the "reunion". It took away from it a bit.

There is also a side story in the series between the priestess in one group and the "evil" ruler of the other group. He seems like a really nasty guy but the priestess loves him even though he is always trying to kill her adoptive brother, who is the vampire god.

I gave this 2 stars and not one because it wasn't terrible it just didn't do much for me.

I'm hoping the last book in the series will be better. However, it may be a bit before I pick up the last one.