LovesDarcy

Lynsey A's Love of Romance

Well, I wouldn't call myself a huge blogger but I do at times like to tell my thoughts about books I've read...If you happen to catch those thoughts I hope you enjoy them.

Forgotten Sins (Sins Brothers, #1)
Rebecca Zanetti
The Devil's Shadow (Harlequin Presents, #1220)
Sally Wentworth
The Salvatore Marriage Deal
Natalie Rivers
The Price of Scandal
Kim Lawrence
Mistress: Pregnant By The Spanish Billionaire (#2919)
Kim Lawrence
Lover Unleashed (Black Dagger Brotherhood, Book 9) - J.R. Ward To tell the truth I was very worried about reading this book. I was afraid Ward was going to seriously mess with some HEA's and she really didn't. I have to admit I've never been a Butch/V fan so I was afraid where she was going with it in this one. It actually turns out that, at least to me, the scene between the two isn't sexual in the slightest. It was a release of sorts but only of what has been inside of V for so long. It worked for me.

Having said that however, I wasn't happy about the bumpy road between V and Jane but to tell the truth it didn't really last all that long so it wasn't too bad. As others have said I didn't enjoy when V thought to himself that he still loved Jane. It saddened me that he seemed to doubt it, though, honestly, that quote was really the only point where I felt like that.

This book is Payne and Manny's story but we get quite a bit with Jane, V and Butch. However, I didn't think it was more of them than Payne and Manny. I enjoyed the Payne and Manny love story. It at times seemed bitter sweet. I'm happy with their story and their coming into the Brotherhood. One as a fighter and the other as a healer. I did think the end was a bit abrupt but I did still enjoy the book, more than I thought I would.

The parts with Qhuinn were interesting and I have to say I liked the way Qhuinn finally had a big reveal about his life. It was refreshing. Also, I don't know that I feel bad for Saxton since he knew full well that the man he took as his lover was in love with another man. I'm not sure what Ward's plan are for that little triangle. Especially with the vision that Qhuinn had.

All in all this was a good read and wasn't as bad as I thought.