LovesDarcy

Lynsey A's Love of Romance

Well, I wouldn't call myself a huge blogger but I do at times like to tell my thoughts about books I've read...If you happen to catch those thoughts I hope you enjoy them.

Forgotten Sins (Sins Brothers, #1)
Rebecca Zanetti
The Devil's Shadow (Harlequin Presents, #1220)
Sally Wentworth
The Salvatore Marriage Deal
Natalie Rivers
The Price of Scandal
Kim Lawrence
Mistress: Pregnant By The Spanish Billionaire (#2919)
Kim Lawrence
Styx's Storm - Lora Leigh 2.5* Well, on the one hand this book didn't have near as many continuity issues as Lion's Heat. Nor did it have as many grammatical errors. It just takes away from the book when things like that happen, at least for me. On the other hand, I could not stand Storme for about 85% of the book. Also, it is also an all of a sudden change on her part to trusting the Breeds.

Perhaps I am too hard on Storme after the brutal murder of her father and brother at the hand of a Breed however, she just wasn't a nice person. I don't recall one moment where she was actually nice to anyone in the book prior to her sudden transformation. Although she did apologize to Hope for her behavior it just didn't work with me because I barely saw a redeeming feature in her. At the last 15% she did improve somewhat and became tolerable. She just wasn't one of my favorite female characters in this series.

As to the rest of the story I just didn't feel a connection to Styx and I think part of that is because I didn't like Storme. I felt like his love for Storme was out of nowhere because I didn't see one reason as to why he should fall in love with her. I felt it was just mating for mating's sake.

The mating in this story was a bit different so that is something. I did like the little surprise at the end. Anyone who knows what I like in romances can understand why.

At times the story kept my interest, mostly because I wanted to see how things ended. However, like most Lora Leigh breeds book there really wasn't a resolution to everything we were introduced to in this story and in Lion's Heat. What is happening to little Amber? Why was the mating heat different in Styx and Storme and most of all how did the little surprise happen. We ended up with almost more questions than we did answers to old questions. I just hope we see a little more progression in Navarro's Promise.