LovesDarcy

Lynsey A's Love of Romance

Well, I wouldn't call myself a huge blogger but I do at times like to tell my thoughts about books I've read...If you happen to catch those thoughts I hope you enjoy them.

Forgotten Sins (Sins Brothers, #1)
Rebecca Zanetti
The Devil's Shadow (Harlequin Presents, #1220)
Sally Wentworth
The Salvatore Marriage Deal
Natalie Rivers
The Price of Scandal
Kim Lawrence
Mistress: Pregnant By The Spanish Billionaire (#2919)
Kim Lawrence
Nauti Boy - Lora Leigh 1.5* for me

This wasn't a good Lora Leigh read for me. One of the problems I had with this book is that I really didn't connect with either Kelly or Rowdy. (Which btw is the mascot for the Indianapolis Pacers - which is a, I don't know what, so that made me dislike the name even more.) The love didn't feel real to me. Maybe it was because the love was from page one and the rest of the book just didn't make it feel real to me. I read Wild Card of the Elite Ops series and the love was there through the whole thing and was believable for me. There was such intensity between Nathan and Bella that was totally missing here for me.

Another problem I had with the book was the characters of Kelly and Rowdy were either arguing about who knows what or going at it. The arguments just seemed to come out of nowhere and were ended with a kiss that led to more.

Kelly's character came across as weak in the beginning (because of the near rape, I understand that) but then we were later presented with an image of a tough woman who takes no crap from her man and I just didn't buy it.

I also had a problem with the sharing between the cousins. The whole "would they" or "won't they" through the majority of the book was annoying. Then when the "moment" happened it really soured the love scenes between Rowdy and Kelly for me. It felt like a weak plot point to bring out the bad guy but I don't think it was needed to set off the psycho stalker. I'm not a fan of menage at all, and I knew going in there was a brief scene where it was possible, but it was too much for me. Honestly, if you don't like menage and can stand to not read all books in a series, this one can be skipped. My OCD about reading all books in a series and in order made me unable to skip this one.

I'm not a big fan of Natches either. He came off as rather immature. The other books in the series look good and I can only hope that Natches improves as the series continues. I believe he is the 3rd story.

I do plan to read the rest of the series and can only hope they improve as the stories continue.