LovesDarcy

Lynsey A's Love of Romance

Well, I wouldn't call myself a huge blogger but I do at times like to tell my thoughts about books I've read...If you happen to catch those thoughts I hope you enjoy them.

Forgotten Sins (Sins Brothers, #1)
Rebecca Zanetti
The Devil's Shadow (Harlequin Presents, #1220)
Sally Wentworth
The Salvatore Marriage Deal
Natalie Rivers
The Price of Scandal
Kim Lawrence
Mistress: Pregnant By The Spanish Billionaire (#2919)
Kim Lawrence

Started out poorly...ended up enjoyable

From Dirt to Diamonds (Harlequin Presents (Larger Print)) - Julia James

Surprisingly this turned out to be a pretty good story. I wasn't sure at first while reading this one. At first the heroine annoyed me a bit but then the hero took the cake as a class A jerk.

However, as the story progressed I began to like both the hero and the heroine. Once they were in the Swiss mountains the story really got better. It was nice to see a peaceful time between the hero and the heroine with no fighting, etc.

There were some nice angsty moments near the end after the first love scene. Quite dramatic if a bit OTT. :) However, I enjoyed it.

Angelos's grovelling was excellent. I truly felt like he was ashamed of his behavior and hated himself for it. Sometimes when there is a hero grovelling scene, it still feels like he blames the heroine somehow. Not in this story. His love really shined through for me in this one.

Julia James is sometimes a hit or miss with me. This one was definitely a hit.