LovesDarcy

Lynsey A's Love of Romance

Well, I wouldn't call myself a huge blogger but I do at times like to tell my thoughts about books I've read...If you happen to catch those thoughts I hope you enjoy them.

Forgotten Sins (Sins Brothers, #1)
Rebecca Zanetti
The Devil's Shadow (Harlequin Presents, #1220)
Sally Wentworth
The Salvatore Marriage Deal
Natalie Rivers
The Price of Scandal
Kim Lawrence
Mistress: Pregnant By The Spanish Billionaire (#2919)
Kim Lawrence

The most annoying heroine ever...

MacNamara's Woman: A Family Secrets Novel - Lisa Gardner

Not sure this one is even worth 2 stars. The heroine was annoying and unlikable. She kept pushing away the hero. Some authors can write a story with someone facing a difficult past but still a likable character, i.e. Joss from On Dublin Street. Despite her issues I still liked her. Not so much this heroine.

I liked the hero better until he had a TSTL moment and touched and removed evidence!! Really? Someone is trying to kill her and you remove evidence? And then let said victim drive off in the car.

The ending was pretty obvious on the guilty party with an added twist. I actually skimmed through the last 40%. I couldn't stomach the heroine anymore. Her parents and boyfriend are killed in a car accident and she's gravely injured but thinks she doesn't need counseling? Thinks because her physical therapist tells her no one can walk for her that he is referring to living her life alone?

This just wasn't an enjoyable story which is too bad because I really liked the first book. Brandon, the brother who lost his wife is the next boom. Will he be as annoying as this heroine? Hope not.