LovesDarcy

Lynsey A's Love of Romance

Well, I wouldn't call myself a huge blogger but I do at times like to tell my thoughts about books I've read...If you happen to catch those thoughts I hope you enjoy them.

Forgotten Sins (Sins Brothers, #1)
Rebecca Zanetti
The Devil's Shadow (Harlequin Presents, #1220)
Sally Wentworth
The Salvatore Marriage Deal
Natalie Rivers
The Price of Scandal
Kim Lawrence
Mistress: Pregnant By The Spanish Billionaire (#2919)
Kim Lawrence
True to the Law - Jo Goodman

Reading this book and other more recent works by Jo Goodman I've noticed a difference in tone in her writing. I can't say exactly what it is but it is different enough from her older books that I take notice. I'm not sure I like it but not exactly sure that I don't. It is just different and will take some getting used to.

In parts I felt very little emotion from Tru and I think part of that is the change in writing tone for Goodman. After the first sex scene I definitely wanted more emotion, especially in regards to what we find out about it later. I felt a little lost after reading the scene and then our couple doesn't actually speak to each other for another six weeks! (It jumps to six weeks later) It just felt off to me. Later, I understood better Tru's reaction but there wasn't enough for me in the scene to make me feel what Tru was experiencing.

Overall, this was an enjoyable book, if a bit slow in parts. As normal with most books, things picked up for me in the end.

Very sweet moments in this book from our hero, Cobb. He said something to Tru along the lines of "I want to breathe the same air as you," that I found quite romantic. He really did have a good heart. He was definitely the star in this book for me.